The tests that should be applied within the scope of the Low Voltage Directive in the CE Certification process are generally known as LVD Tests.
In accordance with the Low Voltage Directive (LVD) of the 2006 / 95 / AT- 2006 / 95 / EC, the safety tests required by the harmonized standards for products with electrical rated voltage between 50 – 1000 V and DC rated voltage between 75 – 1500 V are required.
LVD Tests Under the Low Voltage Directive, the product's standard is determined. The required LVD test is reported according to the specified standard.
The basic logic and purpose of this directive is to protect the end user from two main damages.
These damages are as follows;
- Electrical Shock
- Protection against fire.
Some basic LVD standards applied within the scope of the Low Voltage Directive (LVD) Scope are;
- TS EN 60950-1 Information Technology Devices; Security Section 1: General Rules
- TS EN 60598-1 Lighting Fixtures; Section 1: General Rules and Experiments
- TS EN 60065 Safety Rules; Audio, Video and Similar Electronic Devices
- TS EN 60335-1 Safety Rules; For household and similar electrical devices; Section 1: General Rules
- TS EN 60204-1 Safety in Machines; Electrical Equipment of Machines; Section 1: General Rules
- TS EN 61010-1 Safety Features for Electrical Equipment Used in Measurement, Control and Laboratory; Section 1: General Features
- TS EN 62031 LED Modules; Safety-related features for general lighting
- TS EN 62560 Lamps; Self-ballast LED lamps; Safety features used in general lighting with voltage greater than 50 Volts
- TS EN 62040-1 Uninterruptible Power Systems; Section 1: General rules and safety rules for KGS
LVD testing, tests vary according to product specifications and standards, if summarized,
- Soil Continuity,
- Insulation Resistance,
- High Voltage (Voltage)
- Power measurement
- Label Strength,
- Leakage Current Test
- Temperature Rise, Warming Test
- Insulation intervals, surface leakage path lengths and distances through insulation
- IP (Protection against Ingress of Liquid and Solid Objects) Tests
- Glow Wire Test
- Needle Flame Test
- Ball Pressure Test
- Air Conditioning Test
- Humidification Tests
- Mechanical Tests
- Extraordinary Work
- Error Conditions